Economy and politics
|| Articles and press releases |||Publications |||Employees ||
Green taxes: We have made a proposal for a green tax reform in Denmark and we inform about the advantages and obstacles of green tax reforms, including experience from other countries.
We participate in the newsletter Green Budget Europe.
We have made plans for creation of green jobs with energy and other fields.
Download information about our views on green taxes here:
- Get an overview of the most important green taxes in Denmark and examples from other progressive countries in the fact sheets below, including both advantages and challenges of the taxes:
Fact Sheet: The Danish Motor Vehicle Taxation >>
Fact Sheet: The Danish Tax on Pesticides >>
Fact Sheet: The Swedish NOx tax >>
Fact Sheet: The Danish Tax on Plastic Bags >>
Fact Sheet: The Danish Packaging Tax, Volume-based >>
Fact Sheet: The Danish Packaging Tax. Weight-based >>
Fact Sheet: Green taxes - Financing the Welfare State >>
- A green tax shift increase taxes on environmental and societal harmful activities, but reduce taxes on labour, which encourages job creation. Tax what you burn, not what you earn.
Environmental fiscal reform and employment >>
- Read more about some of the most successful environmental taxes in Denmark. We have chosen a mix of different taxes: water taxes, carbon tax, taxes on PVC with phthalates, waste taxation, car taxes, etc.
The most succesfull environmental taxes in Denmark >>
- It is possible to tax business' energy consumption without harming their competitiveness significantly.
Environmental Fiscal Reform without harming competitiveness >>
- Green taxes can be added without turning the heavy end down, if tax increases are part of a larger tax package.
Memo on Social Inequality >>
- In 2009, a very ambitious green tax reform with increasing green taxes and declining income tax, was made. Since then the green taxes for businesses has declined.
Environmental taxation – changes since 2009 >>
- Increasing taxes are not the reason for the Danish loss of competitiveness. But tax cuts for business was the only instrument that could quickly improve competitiveness. Many years of designing taxes to support business processes was lost.
Taxes and Competitiveness >>
- The PSO tariff in Denmark is a tax similar tariff. Financing the expansion of renewable energy over the energy bill rather than through budget law entails several advantages.
PSO in Denmark >>