As part of the Clean Mobility Package the Commission hasproposed new targets for the average CO2-emissions fromnew cars and vans in 2025 and 2030 and a new mechanismto promote Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs).
- Are the CO2 targets ambitious enough to help memberstates achieve their non-ETS targets in 2030 and beyond?
- Does the proposed measure for ZEVs ensure a rapidenough transition to match rest of the world or will it makeEuropean car industry fall behind?
- Will it deliever in accordance with the Paris-agreement?
This conference offers some of the answers to these questions.We take a look at the Commissions proposal andgather experts in order to give you a detailed understandingof the role of fuel efficiency and electrification in decarbonizingroad transport.
Programme pdf (download) (186 KB)
14.00 – 14.05 Welcome
Anne Grete Holmsgaard, Chair of Energifonden
14.05 – 14.20 Overview: The EU Commission’s proposal for newCO2-standards for light vehicles.
Miriam Dalli, Rapporteur, MEP S&D
14.20 – 14.40 EU roadmap for decarbonizing transportPresentation of a roadmap for decarbonizing EU road transport– placing efficiency and electrification in the bigger picture.
Hans Henrik Lindboe, Partner, EA Energy Analysis
14.40 – 15.30 Perspectives for efficient cars in the EU
- How efficient and low-CO2 can ICE-cars get?
Peter Mock, EU managing director, ICCT
- What do memberstates need to reach EU targets?
Cedric Messier, Head of passengers cars unit, Ministry for anecological and solidary transition, France
- Future of e-mobility - EVs and infrastructure
Reinier Waters, Senior Policy & Regulatory Advisor, Vattenfall
- Changing markets - New business opportunities
Mathieu Brun, Policy Officer, Danfoss
- Which measures are needed to achieve CO2 targets?
Greg Archer, Director Clean Vehicles, Transport & Environment.
15.30 – 16.10 Panel discussion
16.10 – 16.15 Wrap up
16.15 – 17.00 “Energy Mix” drinks and networking
Unable to join?
Follow the event live!
Send a mail firstname.lastname@example.org get a reminder with a link to the broadcast.